Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ebook Readers

I have a couple of ereaders. The first is a Sony Pocket Reader (PRS350). The second is an Amazon Kindle Wifi. The Sony is more expensive but I love the size which is small. The other great thing I love is the fact that I can check books out of public libraries in my area. In order to do this your library network must be signed up with Overdrive. The 2 library networks in my area have a check out time period of 2 weeks, after that time is up the book is autochecked back into to the library. The Sony reads an ebook format called epub as well as pdf's. Sony Reader StoreBorders, and Barnes and Noble all sell books in either epub or pdf formats. The Kindle has the plus of having wifi so books can be directly downloaded to it. I feel covers for an ereader are a must. Both of mine also have smart phone apps for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment